West Columbia, South Carolina
- Spacious 1- and 2-story homes
- Lots of shopping options and access to airport or Lake Murray
- Easy access to I-20 and I-25 for easy commutes to Charleston, SC or Augusta GA
Featured Floor Plans
High-Quality School District
Emanuel Creek falls into Lexington School District 1, which is ranked the 3rd best out of 80 total school districts in South Carolina. It is ranked 7th for the best school teachers, the 4th best for athletes, and the 12th safest. Plus, Lexington School District 1 is involved in dual enrollment programs with Midlands Technical College and other accredited schools, which gives your child the opportunity to get ahead in high school and college before they graduate – and the Airport Campus for Midlands Tech is less than 10 minutes away. You can expect the best for your child from this school district.
Convenient to Major Roads
Commuting from our community couldn’t be easier. It’s in between thoroughfares that run directly into surrounding Midlands cities and counties: I-20, I-26, Platt Springs Road, and Highway 1 are all no further than about five miles away. Charlotte, N.C., and Augusta, G.A., are both less than two hours away, and Charleston and Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Savannah, G.A., are less than three hours away. If the mountains are more your style, locations like Table Rock State Park are less than three hours away.
Central to the Midlands
Our Emanuel Creek community is less than 30 minutes from downtown Columbia, the Harbison shopping center in Irmo, and Sunset Boulevard in Lexington. Whether you want to visit the mall and surrounding shops, to go to the museum, or to have dinner and a movie, access to the rest of the Midlands region is easy.
About the West Columbia Area
White Knoll Elementary School
In core subjects, White Knoll Elementary has a student-to-teacher ratio of 28:1, and a student-to-teacher ratio of 14:1 overall. Over 80% of teachers return to the school year after year, meaning your child is more likely to have not only experienced teachers, but teachers familiar with the White Knoll Elementary culture and curriculum.
White Knoll Middle School
White Knoll Middle School offers a number of elective courses in the arts, including band, dance, and orchestra, as well as STEM, journalism, and digital literacy. The languages your child can choose from to fulfill their world language requirement include Latin, Chinese, Spanish, or French. With a little over 800 students and a 13:1 student-to-teacher ratio, there’s room for your child to branch out and explore what interests them.
White Knoll High School
White Knoll High offers International Baccalaureate and AP classes to its students, as well as multiple sports to participate in. With a little more than 2,000 students, White Knoll High has a student-to-teacher ratio of 15:1. It ranks well in academics, extracurricular activities, and diversity.
- Natural Gas through Dominion Energy
- Sewer and Water Services through the City of West Columbia
Points of Interest
- Flea Markets – If you enjoy hunting for a good bargain, you’ll be happy to know there are two flea markets not only within 10 minutes of our community, but only two blocks from each other: the US 1 Metro Flea Market and Barnyard Flea Market Lexington. The Barnyard Flea Market is open weekends all morning and afternoon. The Metro Flea Market is also open for these hours, as well as Wednesdays 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport – Whether you’re traveling out or receiving visitors, the drive to the Columbia Metropolitan Airport – which flies in and out of most other major airports in the east, including D.C., Atlanta, and New York – is less than 10 minutes.
- Sports Complexes – Less than five minutes away are the Pine Grove Sports Complex and West Columbia Soccer Center. Both rec centers offer soccer fields. The Pine Grove complex also has softball fields, a playground, and a walking trail.
What to Expect When You Buy A New Home From Hurricane Builders
Online Mortgage Pre-Approval
We work with local lenders to help our customers qualify for the best rates. See how much you qualify for today, with our online pre-approval tool.
Save on Closing Costs
When you work with Hurricane Builder’s recommended closings agents, you can save up to $10,000 off of your closing costs.
First Year Quality Inspection Walk Through and Repairs
All Hurricane Homes come with a quality inspection walkthrough which takes place 11 months after move-in. We make sure that every house we sell feels like home.
Hurricane Homes – Built For The Future
The Features You Expect
- Energy efficient, Low-E Window Glass – Lower utility bills all year round
- Tankless water heaters and gas ranges* (*In all natural gas equipped homes)
- Landscaping package with sod, perennial bushes, and automated irrigation system
- Beautiful, durable, and quiet Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring
- Dual thermostats and Trane HVAC Systems
The Smart Features You Deserve
- Electric car charging port in every garage
- Built-in bluetooth speakers throughout the entire home
- Clare Home Automation System – including doorbell camera
- USB chargers integrated into well-placed power outlets
The Hurricane Builders Quality and Craftsmanship Promise
- Granite or Quartz Kitchen Countertops
- Name brand, Stainless Steel appliances
- Walk-in pantries with built-in shelving
- Recessed lighting in kitchen and living room
- Soft-close cabinetry
If you’re interested in Emanuel Creek, you may also be interested in these neighboring Hurricane Builders communities!
Almost sold out!
Almost sold out – new phase coming soon!
Almost sold out – new phase coming soon!